Saving His Sparrows

Saving His Sparrows
Click the picture to see children who are waiting for a family.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Three Strikes does NOT mean he's out!!! | Reece's Rainbow Waiting Child

Three strikes...

In baseball that means your out...

But how could you possibly tell this sweet boy he's OUT?


How could you tell him...

That with all the strikes against him...

He can't have a family?

Look at those pleading eyes...


PLEASE...

Despite the strikes against me...

Don't give up on me yet!

What are the strikes, you ask?

First...


 I'm an older boy...

I'm already 13...

Some might count that against me...

But 13 year-old's still need Mom's and Dad's!

Second...


 I have cerebral palsy...

And some would say that sounds kind of scary...

I might need extra help...

But then - isn't that even more reason I need a family?

Third...



I have Down Syndrome...

But - is that really a strike?

They say kids with Down Syndrome are some of the sweetest, most loving people you'll ever meet!

Don't you have room for some extra love in your family?

Fourth...


(Yes, I'm past three strikes, but please don't give up on me - I NEED you!)

I live in a mental institute...

Now that might sound super scary for a potential family to consider...

But wait...

Before you say you could never handle a child from a mental institution...

Consider that though you have the choice to pass me by...

The choice to avoid the challenges of adopting a child who may have "institutional behaviors"...

I must live here every day...

I have no way to improve my life without help...

But if you give me a chance...

It WILL make a difference...

You will change my life for good!

The transformation will be amazing...

And you can make it possible!

*****

What is my personality like you ask?


A kind lady who visited my institution...

Said I was very GENTLE...

While I was enjoying her loving attention...

Other kids hit me because they were desperate to get some love too...

And I was in their way...

But despite the discomfort I didn't fight back...

I backed away meekly and waited for the other kids to get out of the way...

So I could come back for more love!


Gentle, gentle, gentle...

But how I long for love!

Three strikes and more against me...

But I haven't given up yet...

I still hope for love!

Please choose me...

And love me...

And make me your son!

I'm still waiting and hoping for you...


Please don't give up on me!

Your waiting son...

Emil

Oh...

And if you can't adopt me yourself...

(I know not everyone can!)

Please share my need with others!

*****

You can read more about Emil HERE.

You can learn more about the adoption process HERE.

*****

This is a Teamwork Tuesday post...


Where we join together to spread the story of one precious child!

This week is for Emil!


Together we can make a difference...

Will you join us?

Please share Emil today!

You can read other Teamwork Tuesday bloggers have written about Emil HERE and HERE and HERE.

*****

"My" boys...


Colin and Leo...

Are also waiting for love...

Please don't forget them!

You can read more about Colin and Leo by clicking on their names!


****


You can learn more about Reece's Rainbow or view other waiting children on their website at:  http://reecesrainbow.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment